Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jane Fonda Blogs About Her Surgery

Jane Fonda blogged and tweeted about undergoing knee-replacement surgery on Tuesday -- all with her good humor and wit! In a blog entry titled “So Long Old Knee,” authored the morning of her operation, Fonda admitted, “I am growing fond of this left knee now that I have to say goodbye. It’s been a strong, faithful knee. “It’s gotten me up a lot of steep mountains and across rugged terrain,” she continued. “For years I ran on it and skied. I am remembering the girlhood scabs from falls off my bike. The splinters and bruises. The kisses too.” The star said her knee will be replaced with a titanium rod and ceramic joint, and doctors told her to expect back about 80 percent of her full range-of-motion. “Wanna bet? I have those Himalayan hills to trek in a year and a half…,” she added. Minutes before undergoing the surgery, Fonda even tweeted: “Lying on gurney. Drugs just starting to hit. Wheeee. So long left knee. You're toast!”

Source: The Insider RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment